- Free Fair trade Organic tea, fresh-ground coffee, green tea, sugar and hot chocolate. (That’s right, hot chocolate.)
- Spacious, fully-equipped communal kitchen.
- Free herbs, spices, cooking oil and our famous ‘Baking Box’!
- Free herbs and vegies in our garden.
- Large lounge room with guitars, ukuleles, piano, drums, board games and an art corner!
- Generous shared bathrooms (including our new spa-like shower room!) with everlasting hot water.
- Free luggage storage plus use of the facilities if you’re arriving early or on a late bus out.
- Outdoor chill spaces with hammocks, bean bags and giant chess!
- Good wifi is available in every room throughout the hostel.
- Free off street car parking for 2 or 4 wheels.
- Coin-op laundry with washers, dryers, clotheslines and free detergent.
- We book local tours (and know the best deals!), arrange onward travel and can recommend and book your next hostel. Just grab us for a chat and we can tell you about our kiwi experiences.
Need something extra…?
We want you to have the most comfortable stay possible. If there’s anything you need such as extra pillows, towels blankets or hot water bottles, hair dryers, reading lamps, guidebooks, power converters, laundry powder, bag storage or just a cup of tea and a chat, all you need to do is ask. All these goodies are here for you and are FREE of charge.
Keeping It Green
We’re an eco-friendly hostel, taking steps to reduce our environmental impact. We recycle just about everything and our food scraps are fed to local pigs. We provide organic, fairtrade tea/coffee/hot chocolate in the kitchen and use only environmental cleaning products. Energy consumption is reduced with cold water laundry, energy saving light bulbs and we even have solar powered outdoor lighting!