- On your walk into The Albatross, you will notice our garden is bursting with fresh herbs and vegies for picking, long tables and hammocks for lounging and a giant chess board for playing, you guessed it, giant chess.
- Our spacious communal kitchen is set in the heart of the hostel and is brimming with everything required for cooking up a feast. Free herbs, spices, cooking oil, a baking box (as long as you share!) and unbelievably good Fair trade Organic tea, fresh-ground coffee, green tea, sugar and hot chocolate. That’s right, hot chocolate.
- Funky shared bathrooms are available in all buildings with everlasting hot water!
- Good wifi is available in every room throughout the hostel.
- Our car park is free for your wheels and If you’re cycle-touring we have complimentary lockable storage for your bike and offer you a sweet deal since you’re being so damn green!
- We have a laundry with washers, dryers and clotheslines for those domestic days.
- Our communal lounge is jammed full of awesomeness and we are TV FREE and PROUD TO BE! There is just so much to explore in our lounge that we’d really rather let you discover it for yourselves…
- We book local tours (and know the best deals!), arrange onward travel and can recommend and book your next hostel. Just grab us for a chat and we can tell you about our kiwi experiences.
Need something extra…?
We want you to have the most comfortable stay possible. If there’s anything you need such as extra pillows, towels and blankets or hot water bottles, hair dryers, reading lamps, guidebooks, power converters, laundry powder, bag storage or just a cup of tea and a chat, all you need to do is ask. All these goodies are here for you and are FREE of charge.
Keeping It Green
We’re an eco-friendly hostel, taking steps to reduce our environmental impact. We recycle just about everything and our food scraps are fed to local pigs. We provide organic, fairtrade tea/coffee/hot chocolate in the kitchen and use only environmental cleaning products. Energy consumption is reduced with cold water laundry, energy saving light bulbs and we even have solar powered outdoor lighting!